Things Bella hasn’t to my knowledge done to present herself as a person worthy of all this relentless protection:
- Asked someone how his or her day was.
- Saved a life.
- Provided the right answer on that econ final.
- Found that Silly Bandz Edward lost.
- Offered to clean up after that big graduation party.
- Spared a dime.
- Ironed her mom’s thongs.
- Bought her own damn car with, say, a part-time job.
- Confessed to Jasper how terrible his haircut is.
- Really, anything.
I don’t get it. She’s not, like, the ring-bearer or anything. So she gets killed by an army of newborns. Why is this a problem?